My previous article was all about Updating G900HXXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 Firmware Update for Galaxy S5 Exynos (SM-G900H) and I know the article must have been of great use to the readers who would have desired to upgrade their device further. This article of mine will guide you through a step-by-step process to update your Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (SM-G860P) to Android 4.4.2 VPU1ANG2 firmware via the Odin method. The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless you with brand new features that will multiply your Android KitKat experience. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have brought here today for you. Just follow this article and within some time you will be able to update your Sprint Galaxy S5 Active to the latest official Android KitKat 4.4.2 VPU1ANG2 Firmware.
This article is for all those proud owners of the Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active device who want to further upgrade it to the latest 4.4.2 VPU1ANG2 firmware. We have two options for you. After getting the notification just they have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on their screen to update it further. But if you are a user living outside the region or even living within the region, yet can’t wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method. But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called per-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 VPU1ANG2.zip file for your Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted VPU1ANG2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating your Sprint (cdma) Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.