Another Custom ROM just recently gone on floor by the XDA Developers. The Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Smartphone users can now test the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Concept Edition custom ROM and all credit for this goes to the Senior XDA developer jenkins-84 who has brought this new ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact users. But how to flash this firmware on your Smartphone? Very simple. You will be guided through the steps here. Read the steps properly before initiating the process.
In my previous article, I had informed you the steps to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow unofficial OmniROM6 Custom ROM. Before starting the update process, you must create a complete nandroid backup for your Smartphone. But before that your Smartphone must be rooted and should be installed with the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP/CWM). Among other important requirements, you must disable all Antivirus programs on your device and PC for this update, else this might create hindrance on your installation process. You need to install the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone might face issues or might entertain certain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Concept Edition Custom ROM and Gapps for your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Wait till your device to reboots. Once rebooted, your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact will be all ready to taste the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow specs on your handset. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.