If you are a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 user and reside in the United States, then you will be glad to know that the official Android 7 Nougat G950USQU1AQFJ Firmware is rolled for you guys in your country. The update being rolled via OTA might reach your handset at any point of time. But users who love to tweak their Android, we have the manual update procedure for them. This is just another official method, but in just manual way. So there is nothing to get concerned with this update method. But still you should be reluctant if you are not a tech savvy as your device might be prone to risk. But before starting with the manual update, ensure to meet the pre-requirements.
Make sure that the update is your risk and we at TechGipsy will never be blamed for any sort of inconvenience or bug if occurs to your device during update. We can only help you recover from the issue.
- All important data and files of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 drivers since those will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery of your Galaxy handset fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 7 Nougat G950USQU1AQFJ Firmware.zip file for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Then press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen to put your Galaxy handset into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy handset to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted G950USQU1AQFJ folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE restarts.
And Congratulations! You have now successfully flashed the official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop T705XXU1BOJ8 firmware on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8. In case of any issues in the update process, get back to us using the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.