The T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 is right now receiving the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat StageFright Security Update. The update intends at fixing the existing Security bug in the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 that made the users suffer from the security issue of data stealing from the internal storage of their device after they opened a malicious MMS video message. Since this was a major issue, so many complaints raised against it and Samsung in joining hands with T-Mobile finally found out a fix for this.
Since this update is rolled via OTA, so it might take some time to reach the Galaxy S4 Smartphone of T-Mobile users. But if the users desire for an instant update, not waiting for the OTA, then this manual update method will help them to dig out the solution. What they have to do is just follow the below given steps and they can easily flash this new firmware on their handset within a few minutes. Let’s have a look.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only theT-Mobile Galaxy S4 and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will never be responsible for any damage or data loss caused to your device due to the update. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 should be provided a good back-up before the update as it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Galaxy handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Galaxy handset must be enabled before the update. To enable it visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat UVUFOH3.zip file for your Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S4 into download mode.
- Then connect your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.4 KitKat UVUFOH3 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to the newest Android 4.4.4 KitKat UVUFOH3 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the superior and updated KitKat features in your T-Mobile Galaxy S4. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.