Dear all OnePlus 3T users! Today, I have a very special news for you. After a long wait, your OnePlus 3T can now update to the official Android 7.0 Nougat. Although the OTA file is already available, if some of you have not received the OTA package update, simply follow the given steps to learn how to manually update your OnePlus 3T to the official Android 7.0 Nougat OS. This this update package can be installed globally as it is compatible with all the OnePlus 3T smartphone, so it will not cause the warranty loss, bugs, or get bricked for your device.
But before flashing the update for OnePlus 3T, you also need to note something:
- Your smartphone shouldn’t be rooted or tweaked in any other apps and need to run on stock firmware
- Remember to make a complete backup of your important data to avoid unwanted issues
- A computer already installed Android SDK toolkit
- Your computer also needs to install the OnePlus 3T USB driver
- Keep your device battery at least 50% battery left to ensure nothing wrong happens during the update
- Turn on the Developer Option on your handset by tapping 7 times repeatedly on Built Number from Settings > About Phone, then back to enable USB Debugging.
Steps to update OnePlus 3T to official Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download the ROM file from thispage and place it on the desktop of your computer.
- Plug your OnePlus 3T with your PC and transfer the package file into the internal storage of your smartphone, don’t put it inside any folder. Then unplug the device
- Download TWRP recovery for One Plus 3T from here.
- Place the downloaded package in the same folder with Android SDK.
- From here, open a cmd window by pressing and holding the Shift key and right clicking on any blank space.
- Switch on your OnePlus 3T smartphone.
- Connect your phone with your computer again.
- In the cmd window, enter “adb devices”, you will see your OnePlus 3T listed there. If not, reinstall its drivers on your PC and then redo the process.
- Next, in the same cmd window, enter “fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img.”
- TWRP custom recovery will be now installed on your OnePlus 3.
- Now, in the recovery mode, tap on Install and select the ROM file you just transferred.
- Swipe in order to confirm the update operation
- Once done, make a full wipe by selecting “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache.”
- Finally, go back the main menu of recovery, and select Reboot.
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Custom CM14.1 Rom for OnePlus 3
Congratulation! You have now successfully installed the official Android 7.0 Nougat update on your OnePlus 3T. In case of any issues, feel free to bring me back in the comment below. I shall share solutions for you.