Samsung and Sprint have joined hands and are busy fixing the StageFright Security exploit and the latest update rolled for fixing the security issue is on the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 device. The update is being rolled via OTA and it is specially intended to stop stealing your data once you open a malware MMS video in your device with the current Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware. The issue was witnessed in many a devices and these are gradually getting fixed via new updates released by Samsung.
Apart from fixing the security issue, the Firmware will also fix the other bugs and issues in your Galaxy Tab S2. You can start installing this firmware on your Galaxy handset right now, provided you don’t wait for the OTA to reach your Galaxy Tab. The new firmware is code named Android 5.0.2 T807PVPU1BOH1 and the update method mentioned below is the official firmware update in a manual way. But before starting the update, forget not to take a look on the below mentioned terms and conditions.
Since this update is especially meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, so don’t think of using this firmware in any other device. During the update, your Android device might get bugged, bricked or corrupted for which we shall not remain responsible. So be brave enough to take care of the update yourself.
- All important data and files of your Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 with Android 5.0.2 StageFright Security
- First of all download the Android 5.0.2 VPU1BOH1.zip file for your Galaxy Tab S2 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab S2 into download mode by first turning off the Galaxy Tab and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Tab S2 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop VPU1BOH1 folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab S2 restarts.
That’s it! Now you have successfully updated your Sprint Galaxy Tab S2 to the Android 5.0.2 VPU1BOH1 StageFright Security firmware. So you don’t have to fear for hacking of data on your device anymore. Just enjoy the new Lollipop features on your Galaxy TAb now. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.