The Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P Smartphone is one of the most popular Android devices and now this handset can now be updated to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow TeamSPR ROM. The update is rolled by the Senior XDA Dev 1619415 and hence credit for this update goes to him. So if you are interested for changing the default Marshmallow UI of your handset and want to replace it with a customizable UI, then this new Custom ROM will be perfect for you. In this article, I shall guide you through a step-by-step guide to flash this new Marshmallow TeamSPR ROM on your Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P Smartphone.
Though this is an unofficial ROM, yet it’s quite stable in nature and will give your device stable performance. In this new Custom ROM, you will find a number of new customizable Marshmallow features which you will of course not find in the default Custom ROM. Many a users have already tested this ROM in their device and they review it as a perfect stable ROM for everyday use. Still no basic issues or bugs have been reported about this newly released Custom ROM. But that doesn’t mean that we guarantee that this update will not create any bugs or issues in your device. If anything such happens because of the update, then we shall not remain responsible for the same. So the update is fully your decision.
Because it’s not an official update, so it will void the warranty of your Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) on your Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P before starting the update. Undoubtedly the new firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and will make it more noteworthy to use. But simultaneously you might face certain issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at Androidjee will not remain responsible.
Most importantly create a complete back of your Sprint Galaxy S6 so that you will not permanently lose the pictures, videos, songs and other important data on your device. It’s mandatory as during installation, all data in your device will be erased. Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the Sprint Galaxy S6 SM-G920P. If you use this file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update and disable it after. Maintain at least 75% battery back up on your Android device to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update.
Steps to update Sprint Galaxy S6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow TeamSPR ROM and Gapps (search from Google) files for your Sprint Galaxy S6.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Sprint Galaxy S6 Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- After select “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you had moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the file to get flashed on your Sprint Galaxy S6.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your device.
- Once the flashing process is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Walla! Finally you have updated your Sprint Galaxy S6 to the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow TeamSPR Custom ROM. You must not face any issues to flash the new firmware on your Sprint Galaxy S6 following the given procedure. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.