If you have a Samsung SM-G313F Handset, then I have a good news for you. As per reports, Samsung has started rolling out the latest Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 firmware for the Samsung SM-G313F in Saudi Arabia. If you are an user of the same device and is desperate to update your device to the Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 firmware (code-named G313FXXU0ANG5), then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless you with brand new features that will multiply your Android KitKat experience. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have brought here today for you. Just follow this article and within some time you will be able to update your Samsung SM-G313F Smartphone to the latest official Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 Firmware.
This article is for all those proud owners of Samsung SM-G313F device who want to further upgrade it to the latest 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 firmware. We have two options for them. After getting the notification (since this is an OTA update) just they have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on their screen to update it further. But if you are a user living outside the region or even living within the region, yet can’t wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method. But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called per-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung SM-G313F handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung SM-G313F should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung SM-G313F drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 Firmware.zip file for your Galaxy Ace NXT and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung SM-G313F into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung SM-G313F device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung SM-G313F to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Samsung SM-G313F with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the 4.4.2 extracted XXU0ANG5 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung SM-G313F restarts.
voila! You are now done with the updating your Samsung SM-G313F Smartphone. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.