Great news for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite users. Ask what? Samsung lately launched a new firmware update called the Android 4.4.4 KitKat T113XXU0APC1for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. While the device by default was running the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, now it can be further upgraded to the Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware. The new Android 4.4.4 KitKat packs a number of features that can drag your device into superiority, both in terms of features and specs.
Better you can experience the features once you have upgraded your device to the next firmware. While the update is right now live in Slovenia, Baltic and Italy, it’s supposed to reach the other corners of the world soon. To start updating your Samsung Galaxy Tab via manual update right now, go through the steps properly and follow those accordingly.
Make sure to check your device name and model properly before initiating the update since the update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite and implementing the same procedure in other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. Remember, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any sort of issues created in your device due to the update process.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Samsung Galaxy Tab battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Slovenia, Baltic and Italy) the Android 4.4.4 KitKat T113XXU0APC1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume UP Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted KitKat firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite restarts.
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite to the latest Android KitKat firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest KitKat features in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via comment section. Also forget not to mention your new KitKat experience via massage. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.