The latest reports convey that the Samsung SM-T805Y Galaxy Tab S LTE-A (Samsung Chagall) has started receiving the latest Android 4.4.2 firmware in Taiwan (China). The device is itself a giant in specifications which include a 10.5″ screen with 1920×1080 pixels resolution, is powered by the tremendous Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974AB v2 processor, supports 3GB RAM, 8MP primary camera with auto-focus and optical zoom, dual standby, secondary cellular data links, wireless LAN, GPS, Bluetooth, a 7900 mAh battery and many more. If you are an user of this device and want to update your device with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat ZTU1ANF8 firmware (codenamed T805YZTU1ANF8), then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. Just follow the steps given in this article and you will easily update your device with the latest firmware.
But before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung SM-T805Y Galaxy Tab S LTE-A and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 ZTU1ANF8.zip file for your Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted ZTU1ANF8 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y restarts.
And voila! You are now done with the updating your Galaxy Tab SM-T805Y. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.