If you are a Samsung Galaxy SM-G5109 user, then get set to fix the existing bugs in your device and at the same time feel happy because now its time to enhance the flexibility of your Smartphone. Wonder how! Very simple. Just of late Samsung rolled a new update named Android 4.4.4 KEU1AOC1 firmware for the Galaxy SM-G5109 users. If you are a user of the said device, now you can start updating it with the said firmware. The firmware has been rolled in China for the China Telecom operators and is supposed to hit the other corners f the globe soon. You can update your device through OTA. But if you have not received the OTA update still now or have missed the update, then you can follow the below given guide and within a few minutes you will be able to update your device fruitfully. The update method is called manual update and can be followed by all Galaxy SM-G5109 handset users. But before that have a look on the below given pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy SM-G5109 users and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
Pr-requisites Galaxy S3 Neo+
- All important data and files of your Galaxy SM-G5109 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy SM-G5109 drivers since that will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging on your devuice should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy SM-G5109
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 KEU1AOC1.zip file for your Galaxy SM-G5109 device and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy SM-G5109 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4. KEU1AOC1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note restarts.
Congrats! Finally you wrapped up the installation of the android 4.4.4 KEU1AOC1 firmware on your Galaxy SM-G5109 Smartphone. Now go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy Smartphone. In case of any issues, forget not to put your queries via the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.