The Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone with the model No. SM-G930F can now be updated to the most powerful and new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OnTheEdgeLite UX v1.1 ROM. This ROM is a free, community build ROM which aims at augmenting the functionalities of your device. The ROM is a stable ROM and hence can be used in your device for everyday usages.
Post update, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone will be endowed with a number of Custom features such as System optimizations, advanced reboot menu, apps in split windows, facility to remove non-removable notifications, Touchwiz UX port, Rounded Notifications, superior Battery performance and many more. The Custom ROM is too small in size and measures just 986MB.
Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Smartphone might face issues which you might you experience for the first time. So never blame us. It was your decision to go for the update. Now question arises, how to install this new ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S7? It’s a simple process and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely fulfill the pre-requirements. These pre-requirements will make your update successful.
- Most importantly root your Samsung Galaxy S7 and install the latest Custom ROM Recovery on your handset.
- First of all make sure that you use this update only for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone with the model no. SM-G930F & not for any other device. Else your device might get corrupted or bricked.
- Make sure that your device is running the stock Android OS and doesn’t run any other Custom ROM. Else the update will not be successful.
- Make sure to pre-install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC as the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone.
- Disable any antivirus program that you are running on your Smartphone & PC. You can reactivate the antivirus programs once the update is finished.
- Above all keep at least 70% battery power back up on your PC so that your Samsung Galaxy S7 will not shut down while the update is on process. Else, there are chances that your device will brick.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OnTheEdgeLite UX v1.1 ROM and Gapps file for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 to your PC via USB & then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II .
- Now start Installation and wait still it’s flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone. Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Once the update is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S7 to the new Marshmallow OnTheEdgeLite UX v1.1 ROM. Go ahead and experience the powerful Marshmallow features on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.