The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F can now get updated to the unofficial Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Renovate Edge Beta 1 Custom ROM. This Custom ROM is though not stable in nature and still is in Beta version still it will enrich your handset with the powerful Marshmallow goodies. This new Custom ROM is packed with all Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features and packs the software version G935FXU1APB9. Going further you can expect a more stable Custom ROM with more added features that will take your Android M experience to the next level. But before starting the installation process, you need to understand the pre-requirements well.
Among the important requirements, your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F needs to get rooted & installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your handset (A Nandroid Backup) since your data might vanish during installation. You must install the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge drivers on your PC to make it connect easily to your Smartphone. Forget not to disable any Antivirus program you are running both on your PC and handset. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, maintain at least 75% power back up on your Galaxy S7 Edge to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Marshmallow Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Renovate Edge Beta 1 Custom ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your Smartphone. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still both the files get flashed in your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Once the update is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will reboot automatically. So you have successfully flashed the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow unofficial Custom ROM on your Galaxy Smartphone. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.