If you are a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V user, then get ready to fix the existing bugs in your device and be happy because now its time to enhance the flexibility of your Smartphone device. Wonder how! Just of late Samsung rolled a new update named Android 5.0.2 VRU1AOE2 for the Galaxy S6 users. If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy S6, then you can start updating it with the said firmware. The firmware has been rolled in the United States of America and is supposed to hit the other corners f the globe soon. What you have to do is to follow the below given guide and within few minutes you will be able to update your handset fruitfully. But before initiating the update have a look on the below given pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V users and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Verizon Galaxy S6 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S6 SM-G920V drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Galaxy S6 should be enabled before the update. To do the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0.2 VRU1AOE2.zip file for your Galaxy S6 device and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S6 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S6 into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.0.2 VRU1AOE2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galsxy S6 restarts.
Congrats! Finally you wrapped up the installation of the android 5.0.2 VRU1AOE2 firmware in you Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V Smartphone. Move ahead and experience the Lollipop fun in your Galaxy handset. In case of any issues, forget not to put your queries via the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.