In my previous article for update, I let you know how to Update Sprint Galaxy Note 4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection ROM. But recently I came to know that Samsung has started rolling the popular and newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C Smartphone in Saudi Arabia, Kenya and United Arab Emirates. This is the latest update for the common Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C Smartphones that will bless your device with a bundle of Marshmallow features.
However, the firmware is being rolled in installments & so post getting the firmware Over the Air you can download and install it on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C instantly. Once installed, the firmware will revoke your device into stock Android mode and hence you will need to root your device again, if you have already rooted it on the previous firmware. Post getting the OTA notification, you are primarily recommended to download it using WiFi. If no WiFi available then you have to make use of your mobile data.
But if you don’t belong to the category of fortunate users who have received the OTA update, then this article is exclusively for you since following this you can flash the latest Android firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C. But before that for sure read and understand the requirements mentioned below.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C handset before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the said device and using the procedure in other devices might brick or bug your device. Make sure that TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device if experiences during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ drivers since the drivers will connect your Smartphone easily to your PC. So first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Android device should be enabled before update. To enable visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C
- First of all download (Saudi Arabia, Kenya & UAE) the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G928CXXU2BPBA.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Edge+ into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Edge+ into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 6.0.1 Marshmallow folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update will initiate now and will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C restarts.
That’s all! Finally you have stood successful in installing the latest android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Smartphone. It’s time to mark the newly added features in your handset. If face any problems in the installation process, then don’t forget not to ping me in the comment section. I shall try to come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.