The Android 5.1.1 G860PVPU2BOH1 StageFright Security Update is right now being rolled for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport. This update specifically intends to fix the StageFright Security bug that was witnessed in the former Android build of the Smartphone. This security issue used assist the attackers to access a Smartphone after opening a MMS video. However, this bug has finally been fixed and now is rolled in the form of a tiny update for your Galaxy S5 Sport device. So if you don’t want to wait for the OTA to reach your handset, then you can follow this below given step-by-step guide to flash the firmware on your handset. Before starting the update, take a look on the below mentioned pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Uninstall all antivirus program running on both your PC and Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport before starting the update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport
- Firstly download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop PU2BOH1.zip file for your Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button+Power Button+Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen, to proceed to the next step.
- Then connect the Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 5.1.1 PU2BOH1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport restarts.
That’s it!! You have now successfully updated your Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport Smartphone to the newest Android 5.1.1 PU2BOH1 firmware. Now the bugs and security issues in your handset should be finished. Still you face any issues, forget not to share your views with us. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.