As in some of my previous articles, I have already informed you that the official Android 5.0 firmware has already been started rolling for varied Android devices including Nexus, LG etc. Now a very good news for the Samsung Galaxy handset users that the firmware is also being rolled out for varied Samsung Galaxy devices. While a number of Galaxy devices have already received the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware so far, now in this article I have brought the subsequent guide to flash the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop KLU1BNL2 Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900L Smartphone. Before also Samsung had rolled the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Smartphone in Poland. This firmware update was also meant for all the International variant of Galaxy devices.
The Android 5.0 Lollipop update makes your device all the way powerful both in terms of performance and UI. Also it fixes all the existing bugs in your handset and at the same time makes your device enable for multiplicity of taxes. To know the usability more properely, you have to follow the below given tutorial and flash the new 5.0 Lollipop KLU1BNL2 firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900L Smartphone. This firmware is being rolled in Korea now and is available via OTA also. If you have already received the OTA update notification, then you must follow the OTA update method. Else this manual method will assist you to flash this firmware to your handset.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy S5 and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your android device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S5 SM-G900L should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S5 SM-G900L drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0 KLU1BNL2.zip file for your Galaxy S5 SM-G900L Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S5 into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy S5 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop 5.0 KLU1BNL2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S5 Smartphone restarts.
Once your Smartphone restarts you are all done with the update! Now it’s time to enjoy the superior Lollipop fun in your Galaxy S5 device. In case of any issues, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.