In one of my previous articles, I had let you know How to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900L to Android 5.0 Lollipop KLU1BNL2 Firmware . The firmware was rolled in Korea for the LG UPlus users. Now in this article, I shall guide you through the steps to flash the Android 5.0 Lollipop XXU1BNL7 Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F handset. But this update is being rolled via OTA in Poland. If you are a user of the said device and reside in Poland, then this update method will help you to materialize your wish.
I must tell you here, that the OTA update is risk free and being it’s rolled in parcels, you might wait for the notification to reach your handset. But if you have already missed the firmware or want not to wait for the firmware, then this below mentioned manual update method will help you a lot in that. The new Android 5.0 update is supposed to bring eye-alluring changes to your handset and hence it will be of great benefit for you to flash the new firmware to your handset right now.
Now let’s have a look on the below mentioned step-by-step guide to flash the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop G900LKLU1BNL2 firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Smartphone.
Remember, this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Smartphone and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your android device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S5 SM-G900F drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0 XXU1BNL7.zip file for your Galaxy S5 SM-G900L Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S5 into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy S5 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop 5.0 XXU1BNL7 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S5 Smartphone restarts.
Well! That’s all the process demands. Once your Smartphone resumes devoid of any hurdles, know you are all done. You should start enjoying the brand new Lollipop features in your Galaxy S5 device now. Also forget not to share with us, what new features exactly you witness in your Smartphone post update. In case of any issues, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.