Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos LTE-A SM-G900MD bags rave reviews for its awesome features in the Smartphone market and has recently started receiving the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware. The update rolled from Samsung’s bag carries the build name UBU1BOB2 with the product code ZTO. The firmware is being rolled in Brazil and a number of other corners of the world at this moment. If you own this device and want to upgrade it to the latest OFFICIAL Lollipop firmware, then this article is just for you. You can start updating your android device with this brand new firmware right now. Wonder how! Very simple. Just follow the steps given and know how to.
NB: Remember, the update is subject to your responsibility. We at TechGipsy will never stand responsible if your device undergoes any issues during the update.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S5 Duos LTE-A should be provided good back-up before the update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S5 Duos LTE-A drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not full, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0 UBU1BOB2.zip file (Brazil) for your Galaxy S5 Duos LTE-A and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S5 Duos LTE-A into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Launch Odin & then connect your Android device to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted UBU1BOB2 folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S5 Duos LTE-A SM-G900MD restarts.
Fantastic!! You are now all done with the task. It’s time to point out the changes made to your device post update. So start browsing your Smartphone and let’s know about the changes. If faced any problems in the update process, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.