The Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE that was primarily launched with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware and later it got updated to the official Android 5.0.2 stock Android OS. But no Marshmallow OS is expected from Samsung for this device in near future. That’s why the XDA Devs have found out an unofficial Marshmallow ROM using which the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE users can install the Marshmallow OS on their device.
The Custom ROM is named as Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow AICP 11.0 ROM and it comes packed with bundles of Marshmallow goodies which will multiply your Android user experience. Credit for this ROM goes to XDA developer semdoc who has brought this update process for you.
To install the Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE, you have to follow the below given step-by-step guide. Besides, you must have at least some idea on the update process. Else you can take help of a person who is aware of the update. Being this an unofficial firmware, your device will lose warranty post update. So you have to bear the future expenses if your device faced any issues later. However, before make sure to to meet the pre-requirements.
First of all create a Nandroid backup for your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE before starting the update. Enable the USB Debugging option in your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your handset. Also install the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Android device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid inconvenience during the update. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE needs to be rooted and flashed with a latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) as the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Recovery Image to get installed.
Steps to flash Marshmallow AICP 11.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM & Gapps file for your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE to your PC via USB & then move the .zip file to the SDcard of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the .zip file from your SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE handset.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your Android device.
- Once the update process is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Smartphone is now ready to undergo the Marshmallow test. So what to wait for? Start your experiment. In case of any issues, inform me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.