The Samsung Galaxy Note4 SM-N910H is at hand receiving the official Android 6.0.1 XXU1DPF1 Firmware in Cambodia, Pakistan (PAK), Ukraine (Kyivstar), Malaysia, Indonesia, UAE and many other corners of the globe. The firmware is an official update and is being rolled in installments Over The Air. If you have already received the firmware update notification on your Galaxy Note Edge then you need to download and flash it instantly following the appearing instructions on your Smartphone screen. But if you have not received the firmware yet or want not to wait more, then this manual update method will help you a lot. Read the steps properly before starting the update.
This new firmware is supposed to bring a number of enhancements on your Galaxy Note which will multiply your Mobile Experience. Of course there is no details on the changelog, but who knows that it will not be with some prime features! You can experience the changes on your Galaxy Note once the update is finished. But before you start the update, ensure to meet the required update criteria so that the update will not fail.
Remember, this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F and using the procedure in other devices might brick your android. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss if your device undergoes during the update process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 XXU1DPF1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge into download mode. Dos so by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons. Next press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen to put your device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge to the PC via USB.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy Note to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android Android 6.0.1 XXU1DPF1 folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge restarts.
If your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge restarts successfully, know that you are all done. If your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Stucks in bootloop mode during the update, then you have to hard reset your device and initiate the process again from the beginning. You can also follow this guide to come out of bootloop. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.