Updating your Smartphone to the latest firmware makes your device all the powerful and enhances your Smartphone experience to the next level. Since the new update fixes the existing bugs in the current operating system and makes your Smartphone enriched with a number of brand new features, so your Android becomes all the way more powerful and user-friendly. In a number of articles before I have explained the step-by-step guide to update your Smartphones to the next level of Android firmware. Keeping the trend ongoing, here I shall guide you to further upgrade your Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 to the latest Android 4.4.2 XXUGNI4 Firmware. The firmware is right now live in Malaysia and Philippines (Smart) with the build name N9005XXUGNI4.
Being this an OTA update, users living in the said regions can only update their Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 Smartphone via OTA method. But users living outside the region can’t update their devices with this latest firmware, since this firmware is specifically rolled for the said region. But how? Don’t worry. I am here with you. In this article I shall let you know the step-by-step guide to flash the firmware in your Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 device. But before that stand to the below mentioned conditions because those are of utmost priority for the manual update. Proceeding towards the update devoid of filling the pre-requirements might create bugs in your device or might brick it permanently.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 device and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Ensure that TechGipsy at any cost will not remain responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 smartphone should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Note 3 LTE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUGNI4.zip file (Malaysia and Philippines ) for your Galaxy Note 3 LTE handset and extract it to the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Smartphone into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 XXUGNI4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 Smartphone restarts.
Did your device get restarted? Congrats!! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 Smartphone to the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUGNI4 firmware then. Now it’s time to enjoy the new features with the brand new firmware. Forget not to share your new experience with us. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!