In my previous article, I informed you How to Update LG G2 D802 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Ressurrection Remix M ROM and hope the article would have helped the users of the device a lot. Here in this article I shall guide you through the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y to Android 5.1.1 J200YDOU1AOK1 using Odin method. The task is easy and will help you to fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless your device with brand new features. But to perform the task you need to follow a manual step-by-step guide that I bring here today for you. Just follow this article and soon you can successfully update your Samsung Galaxy J2 to the Android Lollipop 5.1.1 J200YDOU1AOK1 Firmware.
If you are a proud owner of the awesome Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y and want to further upgrade it to the latest 5.1.1 J200YDOU1AOK1 firmware, then we have two options for you. One is the OTA update and the other is the Manual update. This update is rolled in Papua New Guinea and some other parts of the globe. If you are a user of the said device, then soon you will get a notification on your device (since it’s an OTA update) to update it further. After getting the notification just click on it to download it and follow the appearing instructions on the screen of your Smartphone to update it further. But if you are a user who is desperate to update your device without waiting for the update, then you can follow the manual update method.
But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called pre-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy J2 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.zip file for yourmSmartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Device into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Samsung Galaxy J2 to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y restarts.
That’s all what you need to do! You are now successfully done with the updating your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200Y with the newest version of firmware. Go ahead and experience the Lollipop fun in your Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.