Hello readers! You must know that the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200H Smartphone has recently made entry to the Indian market. This Smartphone is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market starting from 21st September. But the country where users have already used it can now update their Galaxy J2 to the next firmware version. Yes, Samsung has just recently started rolling the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J200HXXU0AOI6 Firmware and if you are the users who are facing issues in the current firmware build of your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200H handset, then you can start updating your device right now with the below given update format. But before that forget not to take a look on the terms and conditions for the update.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200H handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard/soft brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for damage, data loss or any other issues that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data & files of your Galaxy J2 SM-J200H should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy J2 SM-J200H drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 J200HXXU0AOI6.zip file for your Galaxy J2 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy J2 into download mode by first turning off your phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy J2 into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy J2 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file 5.1.1 from the extracted XXU0AOI6 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J2 restarts.
And voila! You are now done with the updating your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200H. It’s time to experience the changes that your handset underwent post update. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.