Pretty good news for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F Smartphone users. A new official Android 4.44 KitKat update has been recently rolled from the official source for the Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F Smartphone users in South Africa. If you are a user of the said Smartphone and reside in the said country, then soon your device will be blessed with this new firmware from Samsung via OTA. Post receiving the firmware, you can download and install the firmware in your Galaxy Alpha Smartphone by following the instructions that appear on your screen. also you can check availability of the firmware via Kies and update the same to your device. But if you fail in both of these update formats, then this manual update method can help you flash the firmware to your device manually. What you have to do is just to download the firmware from the given link and follow the given method to flash it on your Smartphone. Now let’s have a look on the procedure.
Before initiating the update, you are highly recommended to use WiFi for download activities since the file might be heavier. Apart, you must make sure that you properly read and understand the total method before starting the update. It’s important because the whole update is your risk and we shall not take any responsibility if your handset experiences any issue during the update. Now let’s take a look on the below given requirements for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F should be provided a full back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Galaxy Alpha drivers since the drivers will help connect your device to your PC. If not already installed, at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled. To do that follow Menu>Settings>Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the android 4.4.4 XXU2BOA2 Firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.3 extracted XXU2BOA2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F restarts.
Voila! You have now fruitfully updated your Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F Smartphone to the latest 4.4.4 XXU2BOA2 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of worries, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new KitKat experience via massage in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.