Samsung just of late launched the official stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat XXU1AOC2 Firmware for the Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300H Smartphone and the update has landed in a number of countries including Cambodia, Vietnam & Indonesia. Build date of the firmware is 03 March and it’s being an OTA update is rolled to the users via Air in installments. However, you can also install it in your handset via the manual update method which is quite easy. But for that you must have adequate knowledge about the procedure. If you are a newbie, then also you can work it out. But before that you must ensure that you have read and understand the below given guide properly.
The update is recommended to get downloaded via WiFi, since it might use much of your mobile data. If you are a user of this device and want to update it via OTA, then you have to search for the update from Settings » About phone » Software updates menu. Then you can install the update by downloading it and by following the instructions that appear on your screen. But if you are a user who want to follow the manual update method, this step-by-step guide is just for you. Follow the steps given in this article and you will easily update your device with the latest firmware. Before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure and you will not brick your device nor will lose any important data.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss if the device undergoes any, during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy A3 SM-A300H should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy A3 SM-A300H drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat XXU1AOC2.zip file for your Galaxy A3 SM-A300H and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy A3 SM-A300H into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy A3 SM-A300H into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy A3 SM-A300H to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy A3 SM-A300H with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy A3 SM-A300H restarts.
That’s it! Now you are have successfully updated your Galaxy A3 SM-A300H device with the latest official Android 4.4.4 KitKat XXU1AOC2 firmware. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, don’t forget to seek our help in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.