It’s a pleasure to announce that Samsung has started rolling the newest version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ SM-A310M Smartphone users in Panama, Trinidad and Tobago and many other corners of the globe. The firmware is dubbed as A310MUBU2APE2 and is being delivered to the users in installments. If you are a user of the said Smartphone and reside anywhere across the globe, then you should check the notification panel of your Smartphone every now and then. Still you don’t get, follow the below given manual update method to carry complete the installation process. But the manual update method is only meant for the said countries and hence users in the other corners must not use this.
But before starting the update, you need to fill certain requirements that are badly essential for the update. Let’s have a look on those.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update as this guide is specially meant for only the Samsung Galaxy A3⑥SM-A310M and using the procedure in any other devices might brick your device completely. Remember, TechGipsy will not be blamed for any such damage or data loss if device experiences any during installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A3⑥SM-A310M should be provided a good back-up before the update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be loaded with the Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ drivers which will connect your Smartphone to your PC easily. If not installed, then first download the drivers from the official website of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your device should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ phone battery fully charged. If it’s not charged fully, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power backup before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop UBU2APE2.zip file (Panama, Trinidad and Tobago) for the Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ & extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy device into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Next press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- After connect your Smartphone to your PC using USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 5.1.1 Lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and then press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone restarts.
Congrats! You have now finally updated your Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ SM-A310M Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS. Now it’s time to experience the superior Lollipop features on your handset. In case of any issues, inform me in the comment section. I shall find out a solution to your difficulties. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.