My previous article was about the the Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy A3⑥ SM-A310M to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop UBU2APE2 Firmware and I think it must have been of some help to users who were desiring to upgrade their Smartphones to the next level. In this article, will inform how to Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ZCU1APF2 Firmware via the Odin method.
The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing issues in the current firmware build of your handset and will bless it with a number of new features. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have today for you. Just follow this article with the given steps and in few minutes you will successfully update your Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ZCU1APF2 Firmware.
This article is for all those proud owners of the Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 who want to further upgrade their device to the newest firmware version. We have a couple of options left for you. This update has gone on floor in China. So users who are receiving firmware update Over the Air, can flash it on their Galaxy handset by downloading and installing it. But if you have already missed the update and have not updated your device yet, then the manual update method is just for you. But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called pre-requirements for the update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the said device and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick it completely. However, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss if the device undergoes any during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 should be provided a good backup before this update since it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Open China Galaxy C5 drivers since it will help you connect your device to your PC properly. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 ZCU1APF2.zip file for the Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone into download mode.
- Now connect the Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Open China Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 to the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware. Now it’s time to mark the new Marshmallow developments in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, inform me in the comment section and I shall try to find out a solution. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.