Are you a Motorola Moto X Style XT1572 user? Then I have a fabulous news for you. Recent reports convey that the XDA Dev has introduced the brand new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Turbo ROM v4.0 to pave the way of Motorola Moto X Style users to enjoy the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features on their handset. But you might think how! No worries as I have a step-by-step guide just for you here. Updating your Motorola Moto X Style following this article is quite easy and takes few minutes only. Just follow the below given steps and make your work done. But before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that neither your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Motorola Moto X Style XT1572 users & hence you shouldn’t use it in any other devices. Apart, you will also lose the warranty of your Moto X handset because of the update. Your device might brick, get bugged or you might mark issues unfamiliar on your device for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
Before initiating the update process you must root your Motorola Moto X Style XT1572 and install the latest Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) on it. Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the Motorola Moto X Style XT1572. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bugged or bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your Android device before starting the update. Install the Motorola Moto X Style drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your handset successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown of your device during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Turbo ROM and Gapps for your Motorola Moto X Style XT1572 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Motorola Moto X Style XT1572 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Motorola Moto X Style.
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file which you moved to your Sd card in step II. Now click install.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Wait still both the files get flashed on your Motorola Moto X Style XT1572.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Now you have successfully installed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Turbo ROM on your Motorola Moto X Style XT1572. This Custom ROM will help you enjoy the latest Marshmallow features on your handset and will allow you to customize your device in a way you want. If any issues created during the update, then feel free to get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues.