The Android 6.0 marshmallow CyanPop v4.4 ROM is now available for the Motorola Moto G 2014 Smartphone. So Users of the Smartphone desiring to flash this new Custom ROM on their device can follow the below given steps. The Custom ROM is supposed to bring a number of changes to the Changlog of your device post update. You can make a detailed list of the changes made to your device post the ROM update. The Custom ROM has been introduced by Senior XDA Developer Forum Member RolanDroid and hence all credit for this update goes to him.
This new ROM is going to add a number of features such as CyanPop bootanimations, All CM features, Compiled with UBERTC 4.9.3, CyanPop Extras, Superuser status bar icon hide, Add ability to disable bar color in battery saver mode, Nav bar tweaks + HW keys tweaks, status bar color option, Statusbar clock font style , Second Clock, Statusbar clock font size, SlimDim, Double tap to sleep on navigation bar, Navigation bar button color, Full screen recents, Battery Bar, Pie Control, Volume Steps and a lot many features. This is a stable ROM and hence almost all features are working in it apart from the GPS functionality as it requires a signal lock from stock to function correctly.
Now you might be thinking, how to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on your Motorola Moto G 2014. It’s quite simple and takes little time. But for that you need to fill certain requirements. Before starting the update, you need to read and understand the steps properly, else it might create bugs in your device, even might brick it. We at TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of inconvenience caused to your device due to the update. It’s all your risk. Now let’s take a look on the requirements dubbed essential for the update.
First of all create a Nandroid back up for your Motorola Moto G 2014 and then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Motorola Moto G 2014. Also install the Motorola Moto G 2014 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Maintain at least 75% power back up in your Android device to avoid accidental shut down during the update. Your handset needs to get rooted and flashed with the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) as the ROM will seek access to the built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Recovery Image to get flashed.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0 marshmallow CyanPop v4.4 ROM & Gapps file for Motorola Moto G 2014 device.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & move the files to the SD card of your device.
- After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the CyanPop v4.4 ROM file from SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click Install and the installation process will initiate. It will take sometime to flash the Custom ROM on your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congratulations!! now you have successfully updated your Motorola Moyo G 2014 with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CyanPop v4.4 Custom ROM. In case of any queries, get back to us via the comment section. Also do let us know how you liked the Custom ROM.