If you are a LG Nexus 5X Smartphone user then you will be happy to know that you can flash the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on your device now. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the LG Nexus 5X is available now, of course not via OTA but through Custom ROM. The ROM has been developed by Sr. XDA member Shawn5162 and is named as Android 6.0 Marshmallow r26 Sirius and is based on AOSP build. Though n0t official, but the ROM is safe to use and hence there is nothing to hesitate to try it out.
However, because this is an unofficial Custom ROM update, you might face certain issues which might seem you out of the world and even might brick or bug your device. So now it’s time to take a look on the things that should be done or shouldn’t be done before starting the update. Make sure that you follow the steps exactly as mentioned below to wrap up the update process. But we must inform you here that if your Smartphone faced any issues because of the update, then we shall not remain responsible for the same. So get ready to take the risk yourself if anything inconvenient happens to your Smartphone during the update.
Among the important requirements, your LG Nexus 5X must be rooted & flashed with the latest Custom Recovery image (CWM or TWRP) before update. You need to create a complete backup for your LG Nexus 5X (A Nandroid Backup) since your data might vanish during installation. You must install the LG Nexus 5X drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your Smartphone. Forget not to disable any Antivirus program you are running both on your PC and handset. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your LG Nexus 5X to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update LG Nexus 5X to Marshmallow Custom ROM
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your LG Nexus 5X from here.
- Then connect your LG Nexus 5X to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your Smartphone. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another (First the Custom ROM file and then the Gapps file).
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still both the files get flashed in your LG Nexus 5X.
- Once the update is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Your LG Nexus 5X should reboot automatically now. Once rebooted without any issues, know that you have successfully flashed the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow r26 SiriusAOSP ROM on your handset. If faced any issues in the update process, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.