The LG Nexus 5 Smartphone with model No. D820 can now be update to the powerful 5.1.1 Lollipop Electroactive v3.10 (AndroidM) Custom Kernel. This kernel is a free, community build ROM which aims at augmenting the functionalities and features of your LG Smartphone. The Custom Kenrel is stable in nature and hence you can use it for your daily usage and device customization purposes. The Custom Kernel comes packed with a number of features such as Overclocking/underclocking options, Electroactive default CPU governor with dual-phase frequency, Full KCAL support, Bleeding-edge CAF updates, Wake gestures, Optional USB fastcharge, Advanced color and gamma control, Optional backlight dimmer and many more features that you can experience only after your Smartphone is updated to the Custom ROM.
Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so there are chances that your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone might face issues which you might have never faced before. Now question arises, How to install this new Lollipop Electroactive v3.10 Custom ROM on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone? It’s not that much difficult and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that make sure to fill the pre-requirements. Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might get bugged or bricked during the update for the which We at TechGipsy will never remain responsible. So only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
- Most importantly root your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your handset.
- First of all ensure that you use this update only for the LG Nexus 5 Smartphone & not for any other device. Else your device might get corrupted or bricked.
- Make sure to pre-install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC as the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC. If your Smartphone is not detected by your PC even then, you have to download & install the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone.
- Disable any antivirus program that you are running on your Smartphone & PC. You can reactivate the antivirus programs once the update is finished.
- Above all keep at least 60% battery power back up on your PC so that your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone will not shut down while the update is on process. Else, there are chances that your device will brick.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Lollipop Electroactive v3.10 (AndroidM) Custom Kernel file for your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone.
- Then connect your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the Custom ROM file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file which you moved to your SD card in step II .
- Now start Installation and wait still it is flashed on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone. Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congratulations. Finally you have wrapped things up. The installation process should wrap up now. Following the steps you will easily flash the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone. In case any issues are confronted during update, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.