The LG Nexus 4 Smartphone with model No. E960 can now be upgraded to the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Nitrogen OS ROM. This is a free stable ROM that aims at augmenting the features & functionalities of your Smartphone. The Custom ROM is based on Chroma, AOSP, CyanogenMod, DU, BenzoRom, Euphoria OS, Krexus, PAC, & PureNexus builds. The Custom ROM also supports a number of Customization features that includes superior Status Bar, Navigation Bar, superior gestures, Lock Screen and many other features that will take your Android experience to the next level. The update has been pushed by Senior XDA Developer Mr.MEX.
Since this is an unofficial ROM, so there are chances that your Smartphone might brick or face certain issues during the update. If anything such happens, then we will not be blamed as the update is your own decision. Now question arises, how to install this new Custom ROM on your LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone? It’s a very simple process and you can complete the task by following the below mentioned steps. But before that ensure to meet the pre-requirements. So only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself. However, there is no such reports.
- Most importantly root your LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone and install the latest Custom ROM Recovery image on your handset.
- First of all make sure that you use this update only for the LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone & not for any other device. Else your device might get corrupted or bricked.
- Make sure that your LG Nexus 4 E960 is running the latest stock Android OS & doesn’t run any other Custom ROM. Else the update will not be successful.
- Make sure to pre-install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC as the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC easily. If your Smartphone is not detected by your PC, you have to download & install the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone.
- Disable any antivirus program that you run both on your Smartphone & PC. You can reactivate the antivirus programs once the update is finished.
- Above all keep at least 70% battery power back up on your PC so that your LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone will not shut down while the update is on process. Else, there are chances that your device will brick.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Nitrogen OS ROM & Gapps file for your LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone.
- Then connect your LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II .
- Now start the Installation and wait still it is flashed on your LG Nexus 4 E960 Smartphone. Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congratulations! Finally you have finished the update. The installation process should be finished now. Following the steps you will easily flash the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Nitrogen OS ROM on your LG Nexus 4 E960. In case any issues are confronted during update, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.