A brand new Nougat Custom ROM just recently went on floors for the LG G3 Smartphone users. They can now flash the Android 7.0 NOugat on their Smartphone and all credit for this goes to the AOSP team who have brought this new ROM for the LG G3 D850 users. But how to flash this firmware on your Smartphone? Very simple. You will be guided through the steps here. Read the steps properly before initiating the process.
In our previous article, I had informed you the steps to Update AT&T LG G3 D850 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Before starting the update, you must create a nandroid backup for your Smartphone. But before that your Smartphone must be rooted and should be installed with the latest Custom Recovery image. Among the pre-requirements, you need to disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone and PC for this update, else this might create hindrance on your installation process. You need to install the LG G3 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone might face issues or might entertain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM and Gapps (search for Google) for your LG G3 D850 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your LG G3 D850 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update LG Nexus 5X (H790, H791) to Android 7.0 Nougat XperianZ Pixel V3 ROM
That’s all! Wait still your device reboots. Once rebooted, your LG G3 D850 will be all ready to taste the new Android 7.0 Nougat specs on your handset. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.