The LG G2 D802 Smartphone users if interested to enjoy a more smooth and powerful Android experience on their handset, then we have a great option for them. One new unofficial yet smoother Marshmallow ROM is available for the LG G2 D802 Smartphone right away. The Custom ROM is named as Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Ressurrection Remix M and is based on CyanogenMod builds. This ROM is in Testing phase and hence might carry certain bloatware. This new ROM will add a number of new features on your handset that include Navigation Bar, Statusbar, Brightness Slider, New Gestures, Quick Settings, Draggable Tiles, Home Button, Power Menu Customizations and many more.
Because it’s not an official Custom ROM update, so it will void the warranty of your LG G2 D802 and you can’t retrieve it back. But before starting the update, you must root your LG G2 D802 and must install the most recent Custom Recovery image on your LG G2 D802 before starting the update. The new firmware is supposed to bring considerable changes in your LG G2 D802 handset and will make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face certain issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the LG G2 D802 Smartphone. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Apart, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update and disable it post update. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during update. Most importantly create a full back of your LG G2 D802 Smartphone so that you will not permanently lose the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation of the update, all data in your device will be erased.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Ressurrection Remix M and Gapps (search from Google) file for your LG G2 D802.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and move the Custom ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from the recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now click Install and wait still the files get flashed on your LG G2 D802 one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your LG G2 D802 Smartphone to the brand new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.