Hello Huawei Nexus 6P Smartphone users. You will be quite happy to know that now you can enjoy the Android 6.0 Marshmallow features on your Smartphone. The Custom ROM is named as Android 6.0.x Digitalhigh6P and is available for instant update. The update is based on Android AOSP build and is in testing phase now. That means you will get back-to-back updates with improvements on this Custom ROM. But the ROM intends to add a number of other features on your device, improve its overall functionality, customization and User Interface.
But because the ROM is on developing stage, so you might face issues and bugs installing it on your device. So must think a couple of times at least to know if the ROM is appropriate for you. But as per our suggestion, you must think of playing with the ROM if you are a Android savvy and keep good knowledge of Android. Else your device might get bugged, bricked or corrupted for which we at TechGipsy will not be blamed later. So do this all in your own risk.
But before you enter into the update process you must go through the below given pre-requirements and guidelines. Make sure to fill all requirements as well. Else you will land in an unsuccessful Custom ROM installation which might create issues for your Huawei Nexus 6P Smartphone.
Among the important requirements, Huawei Nexus 6P must be rooted & installed with the latest Custom Recovery image (CWM or TWRP) before update. You need to create a complete backup for your Smartphone (A Nandroid Backup) since your data might vanish during installation. You must install the Huawei Nexus 6P drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your PC. Forget not to disable the Antivirus program you are running both on your PC and handset. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, maintain at least 75% power back up on your Smartphone to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update Huawei Nexus 6P with Android 6.0.x Marshmallow Custom ROM
- First of all download the Android Marshmallow 6.0.x Digitalhigh6P Custom ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your Huawei Nexus 6P.
- Then connect your Huawei Nexus 6P to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your Smartphone. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another (First the Custom ROM file and then the Gapps file).
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still both the files get flashed in your Huawei Nexus 6P.
- Once the update is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Your Huawei Nexus 6P will reboot automatically now. So you have successfully flashed the Android Marshmallow 6.0.x Digitalhigh6P Custom ROM on your Smartphone. If faced any issues in the update process, then ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.