The HTC One M8 0P6B200 Smartphone can now be updated to the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow WOLLA v4.5.1 ROM. The Custom ROM is introduced by Senior XDA member nightcervant and hence absolute credit for this update goes to him. But since this is an unofficial ROM, there is possibility of your device getting bricked or bugged. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with a Custom Recovery image before update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your HTC One M8 since your data might vanish during the update. You must install the HTC One M8 drivers on your Smartphone to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your HTC One M8 needs to be disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on HTC One M8
- First of all download the 6.0 Marshmallow WOLLA v4.5.1 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your HTC One M8.
- Then connect your SMartphone to your PC via USB and move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still the files are flashed in your HTC One M8 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Wait for the update to finish. Once the finished your HTC One M8 0P6B200 will reboot automatically. That’s all. You have successfully flashed the newest unofficial Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM to your HTC One M8 0P6B200. In case of any issues, ping me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.