Samsung lately launched the latest Android 5.1.1 lollipop firmware for the H3G Samsung S6 Edge + SM-G928F Smartphone in the United Kingdom. The new firmware is dubbed as G928FXXS2AOK9 and is being rolled in the United Kingdom. So if you are a user of the said Smartphone and want to further upgrade it to this newest firmware, then this article is absolutely for you.
The update has stepped in with the product code H3G and is supposed to enhance the superiority of your device and at the same time will fix the bugs in the existing firmware build. The update is available in both OTA and manual update methods. Users are primarily recommended to update their Samsung S6 Edge + via OTA since the update will hit their Android devices. But if they are impatient to wait still the update hits their Smartphone, then they can upgrade it following the below given manual update method.
But before, they need to read & understand the procedure properly. Also they must fulfill the pre-requirements which are essential for the update. Here is a list of the requirements. Just have a look on those and do as directed. Also make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your handset. Properly check the name and model of your Samsung S6 Edge + before initiating the procedure as the guide has exclusively been prepared for the said device.
Pre-requisites for the Update
- All important data and files of your Samsung S6 Edge + should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung S6 Edge + drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Disable or uninstall all antivirus program running on both your PC and Samsung S6 Edge + before starting the update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Samsung S6 Edge +
- Firstly download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G928FXXS2AOK9 firmware and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung S6 Edge + into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button & Home Button at a time. Then press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen to proceed to the next step.
- Then connect the Samsung S6 Edge + to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 5.1.1 .zip folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung S6 Edge + restarts. Unplug the USB while your Smartphone restarts.
That’s it!! Now you have successfully updates your Samsung S6 Edge + SM-G928F Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G928FXXS2AOK9 firmware. Now it’s time to mark the changelog in your device. If you fafced any issues in the update process, then ping me in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.