In one of my previous article, I let you know How to Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Oct-L (Obake) Custom ROM on Motorola Droid Maxx XT1008M & now I shall guide you to update your Samsung Galaxy Xcover Smartphone to the newly introduced Android 4.4.4 KitKat XXU1AOF2 official Firmware.
This new official firmware from the Samsung box has been released in Slovenia (Mobitel) for the Galaxy Xcover users. Since this firmware is launched in Slovenia right now, so the users residing there should get ready to manipulate superiority to their device. In this article, I shall lead you through the steps using which you can flash the new firmware in your Smartphone in a few minutes only. The new firmware is dubbed as XXU1AOF2 and carries the product code MOT.
Being this an OTA update, users are primarily recommended to update their Galaxy Xcover via OTA method. But if you can’t wait for the OTA, then you can update your device manually following this post. But before that ensure to meet the below mentioned pre-requirements because these are of utmost priority for the manual update. Proceeding to the update without filling the pre-requirements might create bugs in your device or might brick it permanently.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Xcover SM-G388F and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device permanently. Remember, TechGipsy will not stand responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Xcover should be provided with a good back-up before the update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Xcover drivers as the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android KitKat XXU1AOF2.zip file for your Galaxy Xcover and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Xcover into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy Xcover to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted KitKat XXU1AOF2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Samsung Galaxy Xcover restarts.
Did your device get restarted? Congratulation then!! Your effort is successful now. Now you can enjoy the new firmware features in your feature-renovated Smartphone. Forget not to share your new experience with us. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!