In my previous article I informed you the steps to Update your Galaxy Ace Style (SM-G313H) Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 firmware and hope the article would have been of some use to the readers who would have been desperate to upgrade their device further to the next official firmware. And this article of mine will guide you through a step-by-step process to Update your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.03G to the latest official Android 4.2.2 XXUANG1 Firmware via the Odin method. The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless you with brand new features that will multiply your Android Jelly Bean experience. But to perform the task you need to absolutely read and understand the guide that I have brought here for you. Just follow the steps given in this article and within few moments you will be able to successfully update your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) to the latest official Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUANG1 Firmware.
This article is for all those proud owners of the Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) device who want to further upgrade their device to the latest android 4.2.2 XXUANG1 firmware. We have two options for you. This update is has gone on floor in Morocco and the users living in the same country will get a notification in their device (since its an OTA update) to update it further. After getting the notification just they have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on their screen to update it further. But if you are a user who can’t wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method. But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called per-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 Wi-Fi drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.2.2 XXUANG1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.2.2 extracted XXUANG1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111) restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G (SM-T111). Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new Jelly Bean experience via massage. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.