Updating your Smartphone with the latest firmware makes your device all the powerful and augments your mobile experience to the next level. Since the new update fixes the existing bus in the current operating system of your device and laden your Smartphone with a number of brand new useful features, so device also becomes all the way more versatile and user-friendly. In a number of articles before I have explained you the step-by-step guide to update your Smartphone devices to the next level. Keeping the trend ongoing, today I shall let you know how you can further upgrade your Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) handset to the lately released official Android 4.4.2 XXUGNG2 Firmware. The firmware has gone on floor in South Africa with the build name I9505XXUGNG2.
Being this an OTA update, users living in South Africa can update their Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) Smartphone via the OTA method. But users living outside the region can update their devices manually with this latest firmware. But how! Don’t worry. I am here with you. In this article I shall let you know the step-by-step guide to flash the firmware in your device. But before that stand to the below mentioned conditions because those are of utmost priority for the manual update. Proceeding towards the update devoid of filling the pre-requirements might create bugs in your device or might brick it permanently.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. So ensure that TechGipsy at any cost will not remain responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 LTE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUGNG2.zip file for your Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) handset and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) Smartphone into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 XXUGNG2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) Smartphone restarts.
Did your device get restarted? Congrats!! You have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) Smartphone to the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUGNG2 firmware then. Now it’s time to enjoy the new features with the brand new firmware. Forget not to share your new experience with us. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!