Hello Readers!! I am back with some fresh updates for you. Just recently Samsung rolled a new Android KitKat firmware for the Bulgeria and South East Europe based Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) users. It’s expected to hit the other corners of the globe soon. The firmwares is dubbed as I9295XXUCNI1 and is available only for the users in the said regions. If seen from features point of view, this update is supposed to bring some considerable changes to your device. Also it will fix the existing bugs in your Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) handset.
If you are a user of the said android device and residing in any of the above mentioned regions, then you can upgrade your device to the next level with this new KitKat firmware via both OTA and manual update methods. Remember, this update has also gone on floors in some other regions, but we don’t have any info on that. So users of the said device residing in other countries also can check the software update panel of their Smartphones. If the firmware is found available in theur Smartphone via OTA or Kies, then they can update it in their region also. But make sure that it’s available via OTA. Now question arises, how to update? Very simple. Since it’s an OTA update, the firmware will be pushed to your device over-the-air and then you can flash it in your device by downloading it and following the appearing instructions on the screen of your Galaxy device. But users who are not fortunate enough to get the OTA update are recommended to follow the alternate method i.e. manual update. But for manual update you have to focus on certain criteria. Have a look on those below.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Ensure that TechGipsy at any cost will not remain responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) smartphone should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 Active drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 .zip file (Bulgeria and South East Europe)for your Galaxy S4 Active handset and extract it to the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone restarts.
Did your device get restarted? Congrats!! You have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) Smartphone to the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 official firmware then. Now it’s time to enjoy the new features with the brand new firmware. Forget not to share your new experience with us. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!