Samsung lately launched a new Android 4.2.2 KitKat Firmware namely Android 4.4.2 XXUANI1 for the Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi (SM-P900) users of Poland & Slovenia. The firmware has been rolled with the build name P900XXUANI1 for and is assumed to hit the other countries soon. If you are a user of the above mentioned Smartphone and want to further upgrade your device to this latest firmware, then this article will fully assist you for this. The update has stepped in with the product codes XEO & SIO respectively and will enhance the flexibility of your device and at the same time will fix the existing bugs in the current firmware build. In one of my previews articles, I had let you know how you can update your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi (SM-P900) to Android 4.4.2 XXUANI1 Firmware.
The update is available in all three i.e. OTA, Kies and manual update methods. Users are primarily recommended to update their Galaxy Note devices via OTA since the update will hit their Android devices. But if they are impatient to wait still the update hits their Galaxy Smartphone, then they can upgrade it following the below given manual update method. But before that they need to read and understand the whole procedure properly. Also they must fulfill the pre-requirements which are essential for the update.
Here is a list of the requirements. Just have a look on those and do as directed. Also make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your android device. Properly check the name and model of your Galaxy Note before initiating the procedure as the guide has exclusively been prepared for the said device.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi (SM-P900) and implementing the procedure in other devices might soft/hard brick your Galaxy Note. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi (SM-P900) should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your device battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUANI1.zip file (Poland & Slovenia)for your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted XXUANI1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi (SM-P900) restarts.
That’s it! You are all done now. If your Galaxy Note restarts properly, then you have successfully come out of the situation. If not, then follow the instructions again and install the firmware properly. Once your device restarts accurately, know that you are all done. In case of any issues, ping me back via comment section.