In one of my previous articles, I had let you know the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE (SM-P905) to the latest Android 4.4.2 XXUANH3 Firmware. The firmware had been launched before in Poland and Slovakia and now it has been rolled in Germany, Russia, Romania, Baltic, Kazakhstan, Craze Republic, Hungary and many other countries. The article here contains the download link for the firmwares in the mentioned countries. But many other countries are there, where the firmware has been landed but we don’t have mentioned the links. If you also want a download link for the said firmware in your region, then let me know your country in the comment section and I shall provide you with the appropriate link.
This is the latest android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905 rolled by Samsung and being an OTA update, it might hit your Smartphone at any point of time. So keep checking your device to grab the update. Apart from OTA, you can also manually flash the firmware to your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE. But for that you need to follow certain steps accurately. In this article, I have brought you those steps as a guide and you can follow that for updating your device. But before starting the update, make sure that you have little idea about the update and you have followed the given steps properly. Remember, the update is your own responsibility and we are no way responsible for any damage or issues that might occur to your device during the update.
Now let’s take a look on the below given steps to start the update. Before that you need to fill certain requirements which are quite essential for successful firmware update.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the NotePRO 12.2 LTE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your device battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUANH3.zip file [Germany, Russia, Romania, Baltic, Kazakhstan, Craze Republic, and Hungary ] for your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy NotePRO into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted XXUANH3 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905 restarts.
Congratulations! You are all done now. If your Galaxy Note restarts properly, then you have successfully flashed your Smartphone to the new firmware. If not, then follow the instructions again and install the firmware properly. Once your device restarts accurately, know that you are all done. In case of any issues, ping me back via comment section.