The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900S) users are recommended to update their Galaxy Note devices to the latest Android 4.4.2 KSUFNH4 Firmware which has just recently been released in South Korea by Samsung. The firmware bears the build name SKT with the PDA Serial N900SKSUFNH4 and is an OTA update. Being an OTA update, it’s being delivered in installments in South Korea and hence will take some time to reach the users. So they can update their devices post getting the notification on their devices. However, there is also another update method called the manual update method that can be used by users living across the world. Also this update can be used by the users of South Korea, in case they are desperate to update their Galaxy Note 3 devices even before the notification arrives their notification panel.
To start with the update you need to fill certain requirements which are quite essential for the update. To get a detailed knowledge of the pre-requirements, have a look below.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900S) handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your Android device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Note 3 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Note 3 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Note to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your tablet should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat KSUFNH4.zip file for your Note 3 (SM-N900S) and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Note 3 (SM-N900S) into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Note 3 into download mode.
- Then connect your tablet to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.2 KitKat KSUFNH4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note 3 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900S) with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat KSUFNH4 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the enriched KitKat features in your Galaxy Note 3 device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.