All Samsung Galaxy Note 3 DUOS (SM-N9002) users! Get set to multiply your mobile fun. Wonder why? ‘Coz I have a great news for you. Wanna know what? Samsung just of late rolled out a new firmware with the build ZNUENG4 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 DUOS users. So now they can further upgrade their device to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat ZNUENG4 Firmware. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been rolled out in China with the build name N9002ZNUENG4. Since Galaxy Note 3 DUOS (SM-N9002) is a feature-enriched handset with some lucrative features, so the update is supposed to bring lots of further improvements with existing bug fixes for your handset. We know you must have good experience with the Note 3 device, but we assume that it will be better once you further flash the latest firmware in your Note 3 device. If you are a proud owner of this handset and want to further upgrade your device, then I am here with this step-by-step guide just for you. Just follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the latest firmware. But before that you need to fulfill certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 DUOS (SM-N9002) handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Note 3 DUOS should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Note 3 DUOS drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Note to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your tablet should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat ZNUENG4.zip file for your Note 3 DUOS (SM-N9002) and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Note 3 DUOS (SM-N9002) into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Wave 525 into download mode.
- Then connect your tablet to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.2 KitKat ZNUENG4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note 3 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Galaxy Note 3 DUOS (SM-N9002) with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat ZNUENG4 Firmware. Go ahead and experience the enriched KitKat features in your Galaxy Note 3 DUOS device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.