If you are a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 SHV-E310S user, then get set to fix the existing bugs in your device and at the same time feel happy because now its time to enhance the flexibility of your Smartphone device. Wonder how! Just of late Samsung rolled a new update named Android 4.4.2 KSUBNH3 for the Galaxy Mega 6.3 users. If you are a user of the said device, then you can start updating it with the said firmware. The firmware has been rolled in South Korea and is supposed to hit the other corners f the globe soon. However, you can still update your device though the OTA update is not present in your region. What you have to do is to follow the below given guide and within few minutes you can update your device fruitfully. The update method is called manual update and can be followed by all Galaxy Mega 6.3 handset users. But before that have a look on the below given pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Mega 6.3 SHV-E310S and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device ravish. [highlight]Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. [/highlight]So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy device should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Mega 6.3 SHV-E310S drivers since the drivers will help you connect your tablet to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your tablet should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 KSUBNH3.zip file for your Galaxy Mega 6.3 SHV-E310S device and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Mega 6.3 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Mega 6.3 Mini into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 KSUBNH3 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galsxy S5 Mini restarts.
Congrats! Finally you wrapped up the installation of the android 4.4.2 KSUBNH3 firmware in you Galaxy Mega 6.3 SHV-E310S Smartphone. Move ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy Smartphone. In case of any issues, forget not to put your queries via the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.