Samsung, the leading South Korean manufacturer that has created a benchmark in the Smartphone market, everyday brings a number of updates for it’s users across the globe and I here at TechGipsy make you aware of the update methods that helps you to flash these firmwares to your Smartphone. In my previous article, I had guided you through the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) Smartphone to the latest Android 4.4.2 XXUFNE5 stock firmware. In this article, I shall inform you the steps to flash the recently rolled Android 126.96.36.199 XXU1BNJC Firmware to your Galaxy Gear S SM-R750.
The firmware is rolled for the users of the Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 users in a number of countries such as Italy, Singapore, Bulgaria etc. But the firmware mentioned in this article is only meant for the Singapore users. If you are a user of the Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 android wear and living in other corners of the world, then you can contact me with the name of your region and I will revert to you with the link for the accurate firmware. The firmware carries the build name R750XXU1BNJC and the product code MM1. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requisites for the manual update. Make sure that you belong to Singapore.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Ensure that TechGipsy at any cost will not remain responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 188.8.131.52.zip file for your Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 and extract it to the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy Gear S to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 184.108.40.206 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Gear S SM-R750 device restarts.
Did your device get restarted? Congrats then!! You have successfully update your Samsung Gear S SM-R750 android wear to the latest Android 220.127.116.11 XXU1BNJC Firmware official firmware. Now it’s time to enjoy the new features with the brand new firmware. Forget not to share your new experience with us. Also let me know your region if you want the update link for your Android wear in your country. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!