Dear Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S users. Get set to update your Samsung Smartphone to Android 4.4.4 KitKat ZCU1ANHB Firmware. Samsung just of late rolled this firmware which is intended to fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone along with manifesting the device with some brand new features. The firmware carries the product code CHC with the PDA G8508SZCU1ANHB and CSC G8508SCHC1ANHB. Since it’s an OTA update, it will be rolled to the users via notification. But if you are not patient enough to wait the notification reach your handset, then you can adopt the alternate method i.e. manual update to flash your Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S device to the latest ZCU1ANHB firmware. Now let’s take a look on the below mentioned step-by-step guide for the manual update method.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your Android device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S device should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Alpha drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Note to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Galaxy Alpha phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat ZCU1ANHB.zip file for your Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Alpha into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.4 KitKat ZCU1ANHB folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Alpha Smartphone restarts.
Congrats! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S Smartphone to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat ZCU1ANHB Firmware. Go ahead and experience the enriched KitKat features in your Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.