The Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850Y) Smartphone users are recommended to update their Galaxy Alpha device to the latest Android 4.4.4 DOU2ANI1 Firmware which has just recently been released in Sri Lanka and some other countries. The firmware carries the G850YDOU2ANI1 build and is an OTA update. Being an OTA update, it’s being delivered in installments to the users in Sri Lanka and the other countries where it has gone live and hence will take some time to reach the users. So they can update their devices post getting the notification on their devices.
However, there is also another update method called the manual update method that can be used by users who can’t wait for OTA. But here we must make clear that the update is meant for Sri Lanka users and hence they can follow both the OTA, Kies and Manual update method. But the users living in other countries should update their device only via OTA or Kies, if it’s available in their region. To check availability of the firmware in your region, follow Settings=>About Device=>Software Update. To start with the manual update (only Sri Lanka users) you need to fill certain requirements which are quite essential for the update. To get a detailed knowledge of the pre-requirements, have a look below.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850Y) handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your Android device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850Y) device should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Alpha drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Galaxy Alpha handset battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 DOU2ANI1.zip file for your Galaxy Alpha Smartphone and extract it onto the desktop of your PC. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Alpha into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Alpha into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.4 KitKat DOU2ANI1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin screen and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Alpha Smartphone restarts.
Congratulations!! You have done with the flashing of your Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850Y) to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat XXU2ANHB Firmware. Go ahead and experience the enriched KitKat features in your Galaxy Al[ha device. In case of any issues, get back to me through the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.